Airco Shield Purifier Ozone Generator
Kills germs, removes bad odours
For you and your customers’ health,
The Puriﬁer harnesses the natural power of ozone to destroy
- Viruses, Bacteria, Fungal spores and Micro-organisms
- Odours of all kinds
- Tobacco smoke
- Pollens and other allergens
- It puriﬁes the air, kills germs on hard trim surfaces and upholstery, and in the hidden air channels where unpleasant odours and contaminants often accumulate. Crucial for vehicle ﬂeets with multiple drivers.
The result: A healthier, more comfortable driver & passenger experience
Keep it clean, Keep it safe whatever you drive
How the Puriﬁer works
The Airco Shield Puriﬁer is an ozone generator with the power to destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa as well as all the unpleasant odours that accumulate in conﬁned spaces, including the chamber behind the dashboard where the A/C chills the air. Ozone gas (O3) is the second most powerful steriliser in the world. It is very efﬁcient in eliminating bad odours, and has long been known for its anti-pathogenic effects. Ozone’s killing action upon bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa has been documented in numerous scientiﬁc studies over several decades.
Questions and answers
What is ozone?
Ozone consists of three adjoined oxygen atoms, hence it is referred to as O3, whereas oxygen (O2) has two adjoined atoms.
How does ozone kill germs?
Exposed to O3, the targeted contaminants are destroyed completely by oxidation – better than chemicals. – no odour, no germs.
Is it safe to use?
Although very powerful, ozone is unstable and has a short life-cycle. The oxidation process uses up ozone’s extra atom and the ozone reverts safely back to oxygen (O2).
Why does air from the vents sometime smell bad?
Behind the dashboard, moisture from the air condenses on the evaporator ’s external surfaces. Most of the water drains out, but some stays put. When the A/C is off, the dark, wet and warm chamber behind the dashboard is an ideal breeding environment for the moulds and bacteria which cause unpleasant odours, reminiscent of ‘old socks’. As the mould matures it gives off spores, which join bacteria, pollen and other particles that dislodge to join the airﬂow into your nasal passages and lungs as you breathe.
When should the car be Airco Shield O3 Puriﬁed?
Six months is the suggested interval between cleanses, but vehicles occupied for long periods every day, or frequently used with a full passenger load and/or dogs, then shorter intervals between treatments may be desirable. Purify the vehicle whenever the cabin air ﬁlter is changed. For caravans, RVs, boats, small rooms, etc., purify whenever there is a problem.
- Product code & name AC29170 Puriﬁer
- Function Ozone generator for sanitising/disinfecting
- Ozone output 50 mg/h
- O3 generating Long wave ultraviolet light (UVC) technology
- Supply voltage 12V vehicle cigarette light plug, 230V 50 Hz via mains adapter
- Weight Approx. 3 kg
- Dimensions 345 x 140 x 140mm (L x W x H
- Control panel & display LCD and push buttons
- Timer settings 10 minutes to 10 hours
- 2-stage auto switch off 1. At end of the set time, ozone generation turns off 2. 10 minutes later the fan switches off
We also recommend using a Atom machine with purifying treatment after this process to leave a nice fresh smell in the vehicle before handing back to the customer