CarScope i-Tester is essentially a specialized type of engine analyser. It is a complex, multi-function tool, which can help diagnosing the engine and finding engine problems. I-Tester could be used with both gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles. Currently, its main mode is a relative compression testing but several automated diagnostic tests are upcoming with a future firmware updates!
No oscilloscope knowledge skills needed. You can skip the training and set-up time of an ordinary oscilloscope and get directly to a quick, precise engine analysis;
You do not have to check each individual cylinder, all cylinders can be tested in one go. CarScope i-Tester works on 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12-cylinder cars, 4 stroke, diesel and gasoline engines, DIS, conventional and Coil-on-Plug systems, and 12V electrical systems.
Common Rail pressure test NEW!
This new function is available since firmware version TT0106B (download link)!
This mode is used for fast verification of the condition of the diesel Common Rail high-pressure system. Results allow direct/indirect identification of common problems in this system – lack of pressure due to leaks, high-pressure pump failure, bad high-pressure sensor, no sensor power supply etc.
• Non-invasive test;
• Test completes within seconds;
• You do not need a pressure transducer to run the relative compression test;
• No mechanical work needed. No removal of spark plugs, glow plugs, or injectors, thus preventing accidental damage to the customer’s engine components. All you have to do is to disable the fuel system to prevent the engine from starting;
• Disabling fuel system is always better because you are not flooding your cylinders;
• No oscilloscope needed;
• Reduced skill level required and thus achieve rapid testing;
• No waveform analysis skills needed;
• Test based on scientifically grounded theory;
• Test proven in the practice for many years;
• Useful tool in the parking lot type situation instead of dragging a scope/laptop around;
• No current clamp needed, in case the DC voltage method is used
• 2.4″ TFT LCD 320х240
• no external power adapter needed
• 3 Channel — 3 measurement channels provide the ability to use a variety of voltage and current probes at the same time.
• Protection against reverse polarity connection
• The Relative Compression mode helps you quickly find a low compression cylinder
• Relative compression test function and automatic waveform analysis
• Ultra fast boot time
• Simple to use and connect, easy to use keyboard.
• Internal Micro SD card to save and review measurements
• Works on 4 stroke, diesel and gasoline engines;
• Works on 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12-cylinder cars
• Works on DIS, conventional and Coil-on-Plug ignition systems;
• Only 12V electrical systems supported.
• Excellent industrial design
Reasons to perform a relative compression test using i-Tester:
Compression test has to be performed when the engine symptoms are as follows:
- engine misfiring;
- rough idle;
- loss of power over time;
- unexplained loss of power;
- smoke from the exhaust;
- puffing noise in induction or exhaust
Checking the engine health in cases as follows:
- In case of buying a used car;
- Before ECU remapping to evaluate engine status;
- Periodic prevention check;
- In cases where it is very hard to gain access to the spark plugs or glow plugs in order to perform a traditional compression test.
In the set:
- CarScope i-Tester main device
- Power supply cable
- Universal probe
- micro SD memory card
- Car cigarette lighter cable allowing you to power the device and do relative compression test from the seat of the vehicle
- Inductive pick-up clamp
- 10:1 attenuator adapter for synchronization from injectors or ignition primary, Click here to see in store
- OBD2 lead, when used with the Carscope i-Tester it allows you to perform a relative compression from the seat of the car via the OBD port, Click here to see in store
- Automotive needle probe set
- AC/DC Current Clamp CA-60 for synchronization from injectors or ignition primary current Click here to see
- AC/DC Current Clamp CA-600 for doing relative using starter current draw Click here to see
Enquire for prices and information on the optional accessories
Important note: Because of lithium-ion battery shipping restrictions, we do not include CR2032 lithium-ion battery inside in the post packages! When you receive the tester, you have to buy a Li-Ion battery type CR2032 yourself and put it into battery holder socket inside the CarScope i-Tester. To do so, you should unscrew and remove four screws to open the bottom cover. We apologize for the inconvenience!